Saturday 14 January 2017


Today's project, the Garden Bloom Dishcloth. Pattern is by Maggie Weldon of Maggie's Crochet
http://www.maggiescrochet.com/
http://www.bestfreecrochet.com/

So for this project I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, which is a 100% USA grown cotton. Made in Canada with imported fiber! And apparently the label is made from responsible sources. Whatever that means. Anyway, I used the variegated "Moondance", though I can't find the lot dye number.


It took a total of 51 minutes to make. Though it's described as a dishcloth, it could be used as a hotpad or even a thick doily. It's kind of silly to try to sell it on it's own, though, so I'll probably make up nine more or so and post them on Ebay as a pack, or look for craft fairs to get a table at. If you think you'd like a set, just leave a comment below and we can work something out!

Anyway, I really liked working with the cotton. It's got a sturdier texture to it and it was easier to work up. I was cursed with the Twisted Innards with the skein, though, and ended up pulling out a giant blob of tangled yarn that I had to sort out before I could begin. Although I have to admit, this happens to me quite often... I can't ever seem to find the little end in the middle of the skein. Does anybody have suggestions on a technique to do this?
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi. That looks great! Your an amazing person and very talents!

    ReplyDelete