Monday 2 January 2017

Day 2 of 2017! So I've started the Brain Waves Beanie with yellow and black. It's coming along quite well. Even though it's meant to last until Jan 6, I think I'll be done before then. I put in just under an hour and a half on it tonight, and I'm more than halfway done the crocheting.


I really like the 'bumble bee' effect that it has. I think I'm probably going to go my next project in the same colors so that it's a set. This one's going to have a lot of ends to weave in as well, but I think it looks pretty good.

Now I wanted to follow up with what I said yesterday about being able to replace yarn with other yarn of the same weight. I've never had problems with this, but it's always important to measure the gauge. Most, if not all, patterns have a gauge, like so


So yeah. Always check your gauge. I've made the mistake of not checking it a few times and having to start project from the start because it ended up too small or too big. So for all you beginning crocheters, check your gauge!

Hope everybody had a great day and I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment