Wednesday 18 January 2017

Today is the day for the Sydney Infinity Cowl!

 

I'm about half done what the pattern calls for, and right now I'm really liking how it looks. It's thinner than I would like for a scarf, but as this isn't a scarf, I think it makes a difference. It's super soft and quite cuddly. I think I might just end up keeping this one for myself! I also have a toque that will go well with it. Although most of my clothes are blue, and I'm trying to break free from that a little...

Anyway, the pattern was designed by Jennifer E. Johnson at http://journeyincrochet.blogspot.ca/

The pattern called for Lion Brand Superwash Merino Cashmere, which is a blend of merino wool, nylon and cashmere, but I went for good ol' 100% acrylic Caron Simply Soft. I did this for a couple of reasons. One, the Caron Simply Soft is quite cozy and soft in itself. Two, I already had it on hand. Three, Lion Brand stuff is more expensive. I've never worked with it before, which is something I'd like to do, but at this point in time I've hit my Yarn Quota for the month, and I have to use the stuff I already have. I wish I had more money to spend on better yarns, but unless I sell some stuff, I have to stick with what I've got now (btw, I have slippers for sale on Ebay! $26 CAN per pair, free shipping. You can check them out in my "for sale" page to the right).

Ahem. Back to the infinity cowl. I've gotten 7 of 11 rows done, but I think I'm going to add a 12th row to it just for a little extra thickness. But there is the edging after that to think about, so we'll see what we end up with! It's really cozy, though, and I am certain I'll be able to finish it tomorrow. And since the calendar gives me until the 20th to do this, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to finish off the granny waves blanket and tote on the 20th. Hopefully, anyway!

So, here's the pics of it so far.





It's like a cozy, crocheted snake. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment