Friday 13 January 2017

The mitts are done! They took a total of 9 hours to crochet, weave and sew, and the results are pretty nice. I think they match with the necklet and toque quite nicely.




This was a really fun project. If I make them again I'd do it a little differently, but I think that it came together well in the end. They're not dead-of-winter mitts, but they'll keep your hands warm! I love how the three elements go together, too. So now I'm considering another project to add to the set, since I have plenty of the yellow yarn left and even more of the black. That one would be a bag.


What do you think?


So my next project is a dishcloth. I'll be using 100% cotton for it, since it holds the water and is sturdy enough to scrub things up. So the pattern calls for tree colors, but I'll only be using one yarn that's variegated.


It's not going to have the same effect... but hopefully I'll be able to get one done tomorrow, and then if it doesn't look that great I can try something that's more in line with the pattern. We'll see how it goes, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment