Thursday 5 January 2017

So the Brain Waves Beanie is complete.


Weaving in the ends ended up taking me just over two hours. All told, it ended up being something like four hours and ten minutes from start to finish with this project. Considering that these are actually pretty basic and easy to make, that feels like a long time. Of course, if it had just been one colour, it would have been a lot quicker. (Have I mentioned that weaving ends is my nemesis?)

Anyway, here's some more shots of the toque.




Oh, and meet Maggie, my new head model. Maggie is a Styrofoam head that always knew she was meant for greater things than to sit in a bin at Value Village, and so when faced with opportunity, left her community of Styrofoam heads to join me in my venture. Her favourite things to do is to wear headgear and think.

So, the calendar gave me another day after this to work on the Brain Waves Beanie, so I'll be taking tomorrow to continue work on the Granny Waves blanket, and hopefully get the crocheting part of it finished then. On the seventh my project is the Vintage Bean Necklet.


It's a pattern by Colleen O'Donnell at http://www.purplefleece.com/

I'll be making the bean necklet from the same colors and material that I made the Brain Waves from so they'll be a matching set. It looks like a pretty straightforward pattern, but I think since I'll be changing out colours, I'll end up weaving ends a lot again. But I think it's going to look great together once I've got it made.

Anyway, you can sign up for emailed updates of my blog at the bottom of the page if you're interested in seeing my ramblings every day! Happiness to all of you out there.

3 comments:

  1. I would like a picture of the item being modelled on top of your new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post a pic on facebook, but I'm not really comfortable posting personal pictures on this blog yet.

      Delete