Tuesday 3 January 2017

On this January third, the most third of all in January, I've finished the crocheting aspect of the Brain Wave Beanie! And here it is!


Except for the ends. I still need to weave them in. But the hat itself is finished, and I hope that it won't take too long to weave in all the ends. So far I've put in a total of two hours in on it, and I like the way it turned out. The calendar has still given me another three days to complete it, so hopefully I'll be able to finish the Granny Waves blanket in that time 😜.

Anyhoo, more details about the yarn I used for the beanie. I used Craftsmart Value yarn and is 100% acrylic. The colors are black (#14) and butter (#32).

On a non-crochet related note, I did something today that I hadn't done for a long, long time... I got my hair cut! Now it might not seem like a big deal, but it's been at least four years since I last cut my hair. I have always loved really long hair, and mine was really long. But I decided that a good way to start off a new year was to do something that scared me a little bit. So I've taken off a good foot of hair. It looks good though! I might take it another step and dye it some outrageous colour next.

Well, that's all for today. Hope you enjoyed this update. Stay happy!

4 comments:

  1. A foot of hair! Holy moly. I don't even think you had a foot of hair to cut off last time I saw you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I didn't realize how much hair I actually had until I had it cut. It feels great though!

      Delete
  2. I don't know if it would work with the wavy pattern, but when I make granny squares, I always hold the ends so that they get secured under the next row I am crocheting so that I don't have to weave ends in (because I hate doing that too!). Cute hat, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried doing that in the past, but I find that the ends almost always end up coming loose and poking out. It might be because I tend to crochet a little loose, though. It seems to work better with solid crocheting or in single crochets. And thank you!

      Delete