Saturday 18 March 2017

So today we see more on the cowl, and a cake! The cowl is taking more days than it really needs to, since I've only been putting in about half an hour a day on it, and trying to concentrate a little heavier on the candy hearts blanket. I'm pretty stoked about how they're both going, though. It shouldn't take much more than an hour, or less even, to finish the cowl. Blanket will take a little longer but I'm almost done the fourth panel! So that's exciting.

Anyway, pics of the cowl!




So this bamboo/yarn blend is super fantastic to work with. It's really soft, and doesn't have the 'itchy scragglies' that a lot of acrylic worsted weights (and even the alpaca) will have. It's a smooth yarn, but it doesn't have a sheen to it, which makes it feel much more toned down. It also makes it easy to work with. It's not super slippery, but it's not clingy either. Plus, sometimes I get a bit of a woodsy scent from it. Now that could just be my imagination, but I very much like it. Also, it's machine washable under 40C, but you can't use a machine dryer, iron, or bleach. So a little more delicate, but still awesome.

Now, the cake!


This is a blurry picture of a sour cream chocolate cake. I think I might have put in a bit too much batter for the spring form pan, but all the other cake pans were dirty (yes, I made a cake instead of washing dishes) and besides, hearts make me happy! The recipe is one I grew up with, and I'm not sure where it originally came from. It's super moist and deliciously yummy! I'll post a pic of it with icing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment