Friday 17 March 2017

Day one of the Desiree Cowl! The pattern was designedby Stephanie Shiman of Frabjous Fibers.
http://frabjousfibers.com/

So, the pattern cals to use Frabjous Fibers Hand Picked Pastel I and some other Frabjous Fibers stuff, but I used fibranatura natural [and]* knitting yarns' exquisite bamboo by Universal Yarns, which is a 77% bamboo and 23% superwash merino wool blend that I got at the Fabric Addict in Lethbridge, AB.
http://www.fabricaddict.net/index.htm

*this part was hidden by the tag

Anywhoo, for the yarn, at first I had the three separate twists, so to make this whole thing easier (because I am making the cowl working all three together) I wound the three twists into one ball. And because I didn't wind them into separate balls first, everything got badly tangled and took me a couple hours to do. Anyway, here it is.


Don't those three yarns just work beautifully together? I worried a little that I had picked colors that contrasted too brownish and orange to work together, but when they're all put together like this, I think it gives it a great understated pop, so its not in your face but it's not hiding in the shadows either.




And these are the started cowl, along with another close up of the ball. Can't really tell how much it shrank... this isn't going to be a super heavy cowl, but I think it's coming along beautifully. What do you think? Let me know in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment