Wednesday 1 February 2017


February First! And it's the first day of the Picot-Edged Baby Shrug. The pattern was developed by the Bernat yarn brand. You can order yarn and find some great free patterns on their site. http://www.yarnspirations.com/bernat

I thought that for once I actually had the color and yarn that the pattern called for, but it calls for Bernat Softee Baby in Soft Lilac, but I only have Bernat Softee Baby in pink. I do have lilac in Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly though. I have used both of these in other projects, so I'm not sure if I have enough out of one for the whole project. I'm using the lilac first because I think the little shrug is super cute in purple and I might be using the pink in another project later on. I'm making it in six-month size so I hope I'll be able to make it all in the same color. If need me I might put some pink on it, though.



It has a free pattern on it too, which looks super cute. Anyway, I've put in about an hour and half so far, and I've got the two front pieces done.


I love this texture. It's awesome. And it's really easy, alternating single crochets with double crochets and then on the way back over it, put a double crochet in the single crochets and single crochets in the double crochet. There's been a few patterns that I've worked that uses this technique for its texture

Anyway, I am hoping to get the back done tomorrow. With any luck, I'll get it done in time to work on previous projects within the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment