Thursday 16 February 2017


So I decided to work on the Candy Hearts blanket in the background while I go forward with other projects. And today's new project is the Spikes All Around Purse, designed by Sue Usiatynski of Turtles TLC.

So for this project I'll be using some red and black worsted weight yarn I had kicking around.

I'm not sure what brand the red is, but the black is some more of that value pack that I've used before. Honestly I have a lot of yarn that I'm not sure I can use for projects, but the Michaels where I live has some great clearance sales on right now that I'm picking some up... I may be a little addicted, but I'm not buying anything without a specific pattern in mind and written down! So that's a good thing.

But that's a tangent. Back to the Spikes All Around Purse


I've put in about an hour so far and I've finished round 12 of 44, so I'm about 25% done. It's a fun pattern, too. Not one I am going to look at making a blanket out of, though. Far too much work would be involved in it... Anyway, here's what I have gotten done so far


This is worked in rounds, so what you're seeing there is a flat side. I'm liking how it is going so far. I love the spikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment