Friday 12 May 2017

Three inches added! So it's now 16 inches. Which is pretty good, considering that my hand is starting to cramp up from working with the bulky fabric. I really ought to have used a larger hook with it, then it wouldn't be so difficult to work with.

Anyway, I'm having a little difficulty keeping the ends straight. It's a long blanket, so I've been adding and dropping stitches a little, resulting in a bit of a wavy edge



You can see it here. While it's not terrible it is noticeable. I've had problems like this before, and I think I'll probably just end up putting a fringe on the edges when I'm done. It does wonders to hide small flaws like this. I put fringes on the first blanket I crocheted for myself to cover up a similar problem, and five years later it's still strong on it. So I'll probably end up doing that with this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment