Monday 15 May 2017

The Stella Hat is done! And it took less than 50 grams of yarn.


It is very small, probably only big enough for a newborn or doll, but it's got quite a bit of stretch to it and there is a larger pattern size available to use. I think it turned out to be pretty cute.


So that's the hook I used and the leftover yarn. Like I said it was given to me, but it's only like $1.25 at the dollar store. It's a bit rough, but it's a pretty color. I'd probably use it more for a doll than a baby, although it's not super rough. I'm not sure.

Well, I have something else to talk about tonight.
 
 
Knots like these turn up occasionally in yarn. So far I've found them in nearly every yarn I've used. They're a bit annoying because you have to cut them out and then you have more ends to weave in but if you don't then there's this ugly knob where the knot is. There's no way to tell if a big skein of yarn has them or not, either. But it happens, and it's easy enough to work around.
 
Tomorrow will be the blanket again!

No comments:

Post a Comment